Takes place every semester
Seminar Communication Technology
Content and procedure, rules of the seminar
The seminar consists of lectures by students, each of which deals with a topic of fundamental importance and of general professional interest for students of communications engineering. The topic is provided by a university lecturer of communications engineering (Prof. Brückmann, Prof. Clemens, Prof. Kummert, Prof. Pfeiffer) or their assistants. The student(s) are allowed to suggest topics, for example on the basis of their thesis. Content and structure as well as the preparation of the lecture are to be agreed upon with the topic-setting employee immediately and in good time before the lecture date.
For the recognition of the seminar are necessary:
- Registration for the seminar Telecommunications Engineering on the Moodle platform by self-registration at the beginning of the semester
- A presentation must be given. Place and topic will be published promptly in a weekly updated list on Moodle (duration: approx. 30 min. plus opportunity for discussion).
- For each topic there is a supervisor who will assist you in preparing your presentation, even if a lot of independent work is desired. In addition, a written summary of your own presentation on 10 pages is required (to be submitted to the respective supervisor, who will also be responsible for evaluation).
- The number of seminar dates to be attended depends on the number of participants. The rule applies that only two lectures per date are possible and that all lecture dates, except one, must be attended. For the purpose of proof of participation, please submit the pre-filled certificate of attendance to the respective seminar leader without being asked.
- The elaboration must be handed in with the completely filled out certificate form to the respective supervisor at the end of the lecture at the latest. The certificate can be downloaded here (inside the university network).
- Some courses of study receive a final mark, all others are only graded "passed" as stated in the respective valid examination regulations.
- The seminar has always been semester-long. Now the performance must be completed in the semester in which it was started. Participations can no longer be carried over into the next semester.
Please do not forget to set a date for your presentation in consultation with your supervisor! If you do not set a date promptly, you will be allocated one.
The following applies to topics and choice of date: First come - first serve.
If all possible dates are occupied by two presentations, there is no entitlement to an additional date in the current semester, only a postponement to the coming semester.
With the successful participation in this course, credit points can be earned for the following courses:
- Bachelor IT (Supplementary Sciences)
- Master EE (Complementary Skills)
- Master Wi-Ing
Dates are generally on Tuesdays from 16:15 - 18:00 o'clock.
The introductory event will be announced here in time and is obligatory for all participants!
More information about the content of the seminar will be available in the Moodle system (Information will not be available until the Moodle system is changed over in early September).
Contact person is Mr. Keller.
Date of the introduction event
The introductory event for the Seminar Nachrichtentechnik is held together with the Seminar Automatisierungstechnik. The rules for the seminar are explained there. After the introductory event, the seminars will be held on Tuesdays at the same time, but in different rooms, if candidates have registered for this date as a lecture day.
Tuesday 11.10. 4:15 pm in FH 1
further dates for the
Seminar Nachrichtentechnik: Tuesdays 4:15 pm in FE 00.01 (seminar room)
Seminar Automatisierungstechnik: Tuesdays 4:15 pm in FH 1