Takes place every semester
Seminar Communication Technology
Content and procedure, rules of the seminar
The seminar consists of lectures by students, each of which deals with a topic of fundamental importance and of general professional interest for students of communications engineering. The topic is provided by a university lecturer of communications engineering (Prof. Brückmann, Prof. Clemens, Prof. Kummert, Prof. Pfeiffer) or their assistants. The student(s) are allowed to suggest topics, for example on the basis of their thesis. Content and structure as well as the preparation of the lecture are to be agreed upon with the topic-setting employee immediately and in good time before the lecture date.
For the recognition of the seminar are necessary:
- Registration for the seminar on the Moodle platform by self-registration at the beginning of the semester.
- A presentation must be given. Place and topic will be published promptly in a weekly updated list on Moodle (duration: (30 +/- 5) min. plus opportunity for discussion.
- Each topic is assigned a supervisor who will assist you in preparing your presentation, although much independent work is encouraged. In addition, a written summary of your presentation on (10 +/- 1) pages is required (to be submitted to the respective supervisor who will also do the evaluation).
- The final presentation slides have to be coordinated with the supervisor at least one week before the actual presentation date.
- Eight attendance of lecture dates are to be verified by the end of the lecture. Only two lectures per date are possible. If an insufficient number of seminars are offered in your own seminar series, the remaining dates in Automation Technology / Materials Science must be attended. Please use the testate sheet on the pages of the Moodle course.
- Your report must be submitted to the appropriate supervisor no later than the end of the lecture (07/14/2023).
- The completely filled out form of the certificate of achievement and the testat sheet must also be submitted to Mr. Keller by 07/14/2023. You can find the appropriate form for your course of study on the pages of the central examination office in your course of study, on the right under Downloads.
- The seminar has always been held during the semester. Participations cannot be carried over into the next semester.
Please do not forget to set a date for your presentation in consultation with your supervisor!
If you do not set a date promptly, you will be allocated one.
The following applies to topics and choice of date: First come - first serve.
If all possible dates are occupied by two presentations, there is no entitlement to an additional date in the current semester, only a postponement to the coming semester.
Dates are generally on Tuesdays from 16:15 - 18:00 o'clock.
The introductory course will be held together with Automation Engineering and Materials Science on Oct., 10. 2023 at 4:15 pm in FH1! The follow-up sessions of Communications Engineering will be held in FE 00.01 (seminar room in building FE).
In addition to attending the introductory event, the follow-up date (How to give a talk?) on Oct., 17. 2023 is a mandatory part of the exam to be taken.
Date of the introduction event
The introductory event for the Seminar Nachrichtentechnik is held together with the groups Automatisierungstechnik and Materialwissenschaften After the introductory event, the seminars will be held on Tuesdays at the same time, but in different rooms, if candidates have registered for this date as a lecture day.
Tuesday Oct., 10. 2023, 4:15 pm in FH 1
further dates for the
Seminar Nachrichtentechnik: Tuesdays 4:15 pm in FE 00.01 (seminar room)
Seminar Automatisierungstechnik: Tuesdays 4:15 pm in FH 1
Seminar Materialwissenschaften: Tuesdays 4:15 pm in FH 3